Sunday, September 29, 2013

The day has come, and she has left.
I feel tremendously sad, but it's ten time worse for Farah.

I'm not going to talk about it.
It'll just make me cry all over again.
I feel emotional enough already.

So, instead of a super emo post tonight, I decided to just post about what I made for my lunch tomorrow. In case you didn't know, I've been bringing food prepared from home to work for lunch, all because I wanted to see how much I can save from not spending on food. And thanks to the Monny app, I've been able to keep track of my spending and savings. :D

I've been craving for baked pasta for quite some time so I decided to make it for tomorrow's lunch. Since I've never made pasta or spaghetti from scratch before, I was just gonna do it the traditional way: dunk tomato paste into the pot and add whatever extra ingredients I want to it. But no, my sister told me (or rather, forced me) to use her recipe. But all of a sudden, she told me to google it, and use the one I find that has her 4 main ingredients. So, yours truly searched google macam nak terberak. Okay la no. That's disgusting. =.=

After the wedding jemputan at Bedok (where I met Ryan's grandma who gave me the shock of my life when she grabbed my hand and pulled me to where Ryan was. LOL. Super small world, but it's Bedok. Hahaha.) I finally went to deposit the money that Mei Yin gave, and at the same time, shopped for the groceries I needed for the baked pasta. Tomatoes (like probably 15, thanks to mum because she says I should stock up, but also because it's cheap. 10 cents per 100 grams!), 1 capsicum and 1 small can of button mushrooms. All that amounted up to $3.94!!!! I was expecting about $10 because of the many tomatoes. Hahahahaha!

I always wanted to have a food diary blog or something like that. You know, post stuff about what I cooked today and all that, instead of my usual ramblings about work and personal problems. I mean, it sounds more positive, at least. Plus, it'll be like a log book, how much I've learnt to cook and how much I suck or succeed at a certain recipe. Hmm, sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll consider including it here, once in a while. :)

Anyway, here was how it went:

The sauce is called "Roasted Tomatoes, Capsicums, Garlic and Onions Sauce".
Or rather, these were the 4 main ingredients my sis insisted the sauce should contain.

First, cut the above mentioned ingredients into quarters or halves.
Bake them, or roast, whichever, them in the oven for about 45 minutes.

To cook the pasta while those are roasting in the oven, is completely up to you.
But I decided to cook the pasta while waiting, just for something to do.

Once the veggies are cooked, you'll get something like this!
It smelt so strongly of the capsicums.

Then, you blend it in the blender!
Here's what I learnt:
- You put too much capsicums, your mixture will turn yellowish.
- Too much capsicums: Taste will not be tomato saucy, but capsicum saucy. Yuck!
- You put more tomatoes, it will turn the correct colour of orange-y.
And! Tastes more tomato saucy!

I should have put half the capsicum!
So I added more tomatoes to solve the problem.

Put that whole mixture in a saucepan on the stove and heat it up.
Mmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!
I added Maggi tomato sauce and chilli sauce to spice it up more.
As well as oregano leaves and ground white pepper.

While heating up the sauce (make sure you don't burn it though)
I sliced up some of the button mushrooms.
I didn't use the whole can, just about 5 buttons.

And oops! I forgot to take a picture of the minced chicken that I sautéed with the mushrooms.
Heheh.

But once you mix the chicken and mushrooms in the sauce,
you'll have something like the above!

That's it! :D
It didn't turn out too bad, for a first attempt.
Phew. Otherwise, my money would have been wasted.

The pasta and sauce will be poured into this tray,
layer by layer and topped with cheeeesseee!
But that's tomorrow!
Hee!

Well, I guess that's about it. I find the taste unique though, but well, at least it's home cooked. My sis keeps pushing me to go for wholemeal food and healthier choices. I have yet to buy my multivitamins. I keep wanting to buy but I don't end up buying because I either forgot or felt just too tired to even walk around. Mum recommended something though, from Herbalife. If I got the spelling right. She said they have this drink that will enable to you to lose weight, if you need to, or gain weight, if you need to.

She said she'll tell her friend to come over to talk to me about it. Sigh. People keep telling me to gain some weight. Hmm.

Sigh. I miss the guy so much. Sigh.

I hate emotional turbulences. It's hard to keep your emotions in check when you have a whole tsunami of them raging inside you.

Until here, salam and may you all be in the best of health. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment