Saturday, September 21, 2013

Marry Your Daughter

Alhamdulillah and congratulations to Abang Fazli and Kak Fatila!

It was seriously nerve-wrecking, and I wasn't even the pengantin! Hahahaha. When two of my cousins on my dad's side got married in December and January respectively, I wasn't feeling nervous for them, maybe because I wasn't really very close to them. But with Abang, we grew up together and he's always been hilarious everytime we meet, it's hard not to connect with him.

I was sitting right in front of the pelamin to take photos using Aunty Yoyo's DSLR. Heheh. I was touching it and exploring it randomly when she said "You suke amek gambar kan, pegi lah. Tolong amek gambar." So there I was hopping here and there taking photos while waiting for the Tok Kadi to arrive, IN MY WEDGES.

So when the nikah ceremony started, I was sitting down, because a crowd had gathered to take pictures and I didn't want to fight for the best position. Actually, I was just lazy and wanted to witness the nikah. So when Kak Fatila's brother held Abang's hand, my heart was already tak tak dug da dug dug dug..... Please eh, stop it! HAHAHAHA!

Abang was very calm though. And he's so funny!!!! When Kak Fatila arrived and sat at the sofa at the side, facing the pelamin, he turned to her and touched his stomach and mouthed "Lapar!".

My aunt and me couldn't stop laughing. Hahaahahaha!

Okay, back to the ceremony. I was holding my breath the whole time. And when Abang started to say "Saya terima...", I was so nervous for him. I don't even know why! And then the Tok Kadi declared it sah and I could finally breathe. I even teared up. Ibu Long cried too. :( Kak Fatila maintained, though. She didn't cry. :D Anyway, it was somehow a first time experience for me, because for once, I understood the whole ceremony and speech given by the Tok Kadi, as compared to when I was younger and didn't care at all. Hahah.

The feeling of Alhamdulillah that I had just now was just indescribable. :')

My sis said that if I get married, I will cry for sure, without a doubt. I'm like, of course la! I'm a crybaby for a reason. From birth until now, still cry at the most random times and emotional times. I was just born this way. This heart can't withstand any kind of sadness and pain, so it lets everything out through tears. And this heart can't withstand too much happiness because it will still let everything out through tears. :)

I was thinking about my own wedding in the bus ride home when my sis asked me, "Will you let me drive you on your wedding day?" I was like, "Well, you gotta get a license first." And she was like, "Of course la, you think I stupid or what?"

I didn't mention to her that my boyfriend intends to ride in a pumpkin carriage on our wedding day, ala-ala Cinderella. *inserts muka gelak-gelak here*

Okay la, joke la. Hahahahahaha.

Today was just touching and sweet. :')

I won't talk about the not-so-drama drama last night right now, but probably another time. And also what my grandpa said to me. :(:(

Tomorrow is the reception for Abang's side of the family which includes me! :D

I'm gonna marry your daughter 
And make her my wife 
I want her to be the only girl that I love for the rest of my life 
And give her the best of me 'till the day that I die, yeah
I'm gonna marry your princess 
And make her my queen 
She'll be the most beautiful bride that I've ever seen 
I can't wait to smile 
As she walks down the isle 
On the arm of her father 
On the day that I marry your daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment