Friday, May 3, 2013

Don't Forget To Remember Me

I miss her. I can't wait till she gets back here in June. I really missed her so much. I've lost so much time with her. Bumping into Mdm Norul today suddenly made me relive those secondary school days. Each moment she was there for me, through every ups and downs, everything we've been through to get us here to this present day. We've grown up so much, maturity and age has set in. What I would give to be back in Coral's uniform and running across the parade square, taking photos for National Day and the parade, as the event photographer. I just really miss being young and carefree. Never having to worry about saving money, or deadlines, work-related stuff or whatever else. All we had to worry about were our grades and whether our crush likes us back. Writing in the diaries we'd always have each new secondary year. Those really good, young, get-into-as-much-trouble-as-we-can days. Or even possibly, the try-to-stay-out-of-drama days.

Meeting Mdm Norul today made me realize how I've been so caught up with my working life lately that I didn't have the time to stop and just simply reminisce. I used to, all the time. But lately, it must be the stress from work that made me too tired to even just take a short walk down memory lane.

So I thought about it while walking home. And with Haz texting me at the same time, asking for my free schedule, I realized how much time I've lost with the people around me because of my workload, this career choice I've embarked on since May 28 of 2012. Honestly, it's not like I wanted it to happen. Having to meet deadlines that are back to back is no easy task. It's incredibly draining, and I have work related stuff on top of it; lesson plans, overview plans, proposals etc. The last 4 months were mentally and physically draining. & trust me, for the whole month of May, it will continue to be. I have the gamelan show to worry about, back to back rehearsals for that, 4 evenings of first aid training this coming week ahead, portfolio preparation, HQ officer's visit, zee interview wiz her (!!!!), parent-teacher conference at the end of May. :O My whole May is packed to the brim! Hais.

That's why I can't wait for June. I have a 2 week break in mid-June. That's also why I can't wait for the staycation with Natasha over at Sentosa. There's so much to catch up with her. I feel so bad that I haven't been doing that. Life can be so tough on friendships too.

I guess this is it. I'm starting to feel sleepy. I still have comments to input in the portfolios. But I'll do it tomorrow. :D

Salam and goodnight! May you always be in the best of health, Amin! :)

This downtown apartment
Sure makes me miss home
And those bills they're on the counter
Keep telling me I'm on my own

But don't forget to remember me

No comments:

Post a Comment