Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Breathless

Salam!

So I'm here again, and it's Wednesday, and so far, so good. I implemented a new technique in class to control the children who kept walking around, even during integrated learning time, which is so annoying because I'm trying to conduct lessons. I just need a better tape for the cards. Well, if you wanna know, what I did was cut coloured paper into squares and laminated them. Then I used double-sided tape on one side of the so-called card and pasted it on the floor. One kid, one coloured card for them to sit on. Of course, we have a few itchy hands cannot resist from touching or flipping the cards at first but after telling them, "Ni bu ke yi tong!" (pardon my oh so pathetic basic Chinese) and stuff like that, eventually, they sat still on their card, especially since I used various bright colours. So macam attractive la kan. Children just get so attracted to bright things. I put the short attention span kids at the front of the row too, right in front of me so that I can always bring their attention back to me when they start to touchy touchy with their "neighbours". Especially my dearest Nathania. Not sure if I've mentioned her habit before but this girl is quite a drama queen. When someone she is scared of comes too near to her, she starts shouting, "Help! Help! Teacher!" while trying to scramble away BACKWARDS. You know, like in movies, when they're trying to run away from the crawling Ju-on ghost and they slip and fall and try to scramble backwards and kicking their legs while terrifyingly facing the ghost. Just picture it, yes, that. One month with them kids and I know their personalities like the back of my hand already. But sometimes, I just can't help but geram, because I've got a cute bunch and even though they can be quite a handful, I somehow just love them. :)

So anyway, now that the walking around problem has been settled, I've gotta implement better moral education lessons on Fridays. Currently, I plan to focus on "Cannot beat friend!" and "Must share toys!" as per observations from the first day of school. I've got many first child of the family in my class, so they don't have this sharing habit because they never needed to share when at home. So, in an environment of 14 other kids to fight with for the toys, they resort to snatching and hitting and pushing and whatever else there is. It's quite tiring to comfort the smaller sized kids crying after losing a "battle". LOL. But alamak, cute la these kids. There has never been a day that I never laughed when I'm with them, no matter how tired I am. & today, I tried to speak Hindi to my Hindi boys and they all laughed at me. Maybe it was the way I said it that was funny, since I'm not their race but, at least I'm putting my years of watching Bollywood movies to good use, ya know. Maybe getting this class of children is a good thing after all. I get to pick up new languages and improve my bahasa melayu. & Indo. Jangen begitu, kamu kenapa sih? :p

Starting this year, I've been closer to Rachelle as compared to the other teachers. I've only just realized it. It's not just because she's easier to talk to and also eager to talk, but because she has this way of making you feel comfortable around her. Plus, she's funny! As funny as Suraya, but with Suraya comes Casey, and they're both kind of like best friends/colleagues so I feel a little self-conscious, like I'm intruding or something. But with Rachelle, I can almost be myself. & we have something in common. Hay Day. This farming app I've been hooked to for months. Hahahahaha! She'll be like, "Eh, you got the blue hat not? Sell me lei, I need for my boat!" Hahahahahaha! & yesterday, when I came in, I was like, "Rachelle!!! You got blackberries not? I need 2 more!" She immediately understood, but Teacher Jeanne was like, ??? Hahahahaha!!!!!

Wow, I feel so much better after letting all my thoughts out. Tomorrow, there will be a farewell lunch for my Nursery Chinese teacher. She's going back to China. Sigh. But a new Chinese teacher came in and I got the chance to meet and talk to her. Thankfully, fluent English speaking teacher so I wouldn't be having anymore language barriers with the teachers. Having these barriers with the children is more than enough for me already. :p

Okay, time to go. I've gotta sleep early tonight or else I'd wake up with a migraine again tomorrow. It sucked so bad today with a spinning headache. Goodnight, uolls! Stay healthy! :3

You leave me breathless
You're everything good in my life
You leave me breathless
I still can't believe that you're mine
You just walked out of one of my dreams
So beautiful you're leaving me
Breathless

No comments:

Post a Comment