Tuesday, August 7, 2012

3 years ago, we met. We were in the same class. As simple as that. I barely noticed you, but you told me you noticed me the first time you saw me. I wonder, and I still do until now, what was so special about me. & I wonder, how I got so lucky to even be noticed when I am just.... me.

3 years ago, we were just freshies in RP. You were the 'loner' in class, and I was the.... well, in the malay girls clique, rather. But we malays formed one clique. & that was the start of everything, I guess.

3 years ago, Syai was the closest guy friend I had in class. He was that sunshine in the class. You and me, we were nothing to each other. I never even noticed you, all I saw was you, that quiet guy in class, who rarely speaks a word. I leave you alone because you never bothered me in any way, or at least, the way Syai did.

3 years ago, there was the H1N1 outbreak. We were home quarantined because a classmate contracted it. & that was really the start of everything.

I started to notice you.

Your humour.

Your voice.

Your identity.

3 years ago, after the e-learning period ended, we were back to square one. BUT. I had already begun to notice you. I probably stalked you too. I developed funny feelings for you, feelings that until now, I still have.

3 years ago, I don't know how Syai found out about my crush on you. Maybe because of the random question he asked in the middle of the night. But, he was a pain in the ass the whole time he knew. He assisted you. He gave you my number, and you sent me that lame, lame, super duper lame text message and I remember every single exact word till now. Something started then.

3 years ago, that one week where we got to know each other, that one week when Syai obviously encouraged you to 'pursue' me, that one week when pretty little Maisarah Kamal spilled the beans, was the one week I'd always remember. Looking back now, it was funny, so so funny, but yet, it was quite a dramatic week.

3 years ago, it was beautiful.

3 years later, it still is beautiful.

& in these 3 years, we have grown tremendously. We have gone through many shits together. We stayed strong when we had oceans between us. We fought through emotional storms together. But, we were there for each other. Always. Even when we couldn't, we still tried our best to.

3 years later, we graduated together. Well, on separate days though, but it still counts!

These 3 years with you, it's just amazing. Simply amazing. Though we had our ups and downs, especially what I put you through emotionally sometimes, with regards to my health and... stuff, I'm still always surprised that you choose to stay put. All the times you could have walked away, you stayed. Maybe any other guy would have walked away. But you. You surprise me all the time. & I can't thank you enough for that. For once, someone has accepted me for me, and my flaws.

What can I say now? I'm at a loss for words. 3 years. Time flies so fast. It feels like just yesterday that we were in class playing Blind Man with Syai and the rest.

3 years.

36 months.

Like, WOW.

So, thank you. Thank you for not giving up on me and on us. Every emotional storm we go through, you always take time out to think through everything calmly, but at the end of the day, you will always be there for me. So, thank you. Thank you so much for everything and for the love you've showered upon me the past 3 years. I love you. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment