Saturday, May 19, 2012

Diploma Holder

NEED I SAY MORE? I'VE FINALLY GRADUATED FROM REPUBLIC POLYTECHNIC!

Along with my closest friends, it was quite a memorable albeit chaotic night. I couldn't find most of my friends, especially the ones I had grown closer to in class. I even discovered terrible news from one of my classmates. Lucky are the ones who could graduate. I feel so sad there were some who couldn't, and it was also someone I knew and grew closer to. Sigh.

Anyway, this journey has finally ended. Thank you all who've shared my up and down moments, happiness and tears, in times of stress where we helped each other and the past year of meeting FYP deadlines. Thank you Gamelan IG for bringing out a new passion in me, for allowing me to learn so much more about the world of traditional music, for giving me the chance to perform for so many shows under the tutelage of Amran as well. Thank you all facilitators for the devoted guidance throughout these three years. I'm not going to pretend and say that I made so many friends because of the ever changing classes each semester, but I have made friends who have shown me what true friendship is, and what it means to be there for each other, no matter what happens.

My Nagas, I just can't express enough gratitude for being there for me last year on Reflections day when I.... broke down. Things have changed so much for me since then but everyone had always respected my personal demons with myself and accepted it.

And my parents, for always respecting my decisions and helping me as I go along. They may not have been very pleased about my deep devotion to gamelan but they knew I've always been passionate about music. When school finally ended for me, they encouraged me to go into teaching when they knew that it was my plan. After a couple of rejections down the road, they told me not to give up hope. Their prayers have always been with me and for that, I can only thank Allah for giving me such supportive parents. They were so happy yesterday and even put on my gown and took pictures. So cute. :3

& of course, the one and only. It's a pity we couldn't take a photo with both us in the graduation robes, but heck, take what you can. A photo is still a photo. It's amazing that we've seen through three years of life in RP together. From the first day that we met as a class, I barely noticed him but he noticed me already on the orientation day. Out of all the rest, he chose me, me who looks like any other ordinary girl, me who is nothing special, me who is just me. & after a short conversation with him earlier about what's going to happen in future, I realized, I truly realized how so very truly lucky I am to have him by my side the past three years. All the ups and downs, the happiness we always share with each other, the tears we help to wipe away, the shoulders that are always there to lean on, the misunderstandings that always happen every once in a while. These things have taught me a lot in our relationship, and they have also made me stronger as a person. He always tries to remind me of his commitment to our relationship, especially when I start to feel insecure. I'm just so thankful to have him by my side, he who always knows how to cheer me up, he who puts up with my nonsense at times, he who knows how to entertain my stupid antics. Our journey in RP may have ended, but I hope it will still stretch out long ahead. Amin.

I am truly, unbelievably happy even though I'm listening to Glee - Get It Right. A sad but powerful song that pulls at the heartstrings. Glee never fails to amaze me.

I may not have liked Republic Polytechnic very much, but I can't deny that the school and its curriculum has equipped me with skills that I know will prepare me for my future, whatever comes. & not only that, I've made so many good and precious memories there, as well as friends that I will always remember and cherish.

I'll talk about AIC and Seed Institute another time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment