Sunday, June 3, 2012

Old School

Hello. Yes, I haven't update since I graduated but a lot happened over the last couple of weeks that I never really found time to blog. Ohwells.

Anyway, after graduation was over, I was suddenly very busy with Gamelan since GNK was involved in Singapore Arts Festival. The show was awesome, but I felt like it was too short. Like, it ended too soon. I saw the video of Rampak and our drummers were just spectacular. & cute! Ahmad and me gave Syafiq a surprise gift too. Heh. Shhh!

Remember I said I would talk about AIC and Seed Institute? Well, here goes. I finally got accepted in a sponsorship programme in AIC aka Asian International College for a Diploma in Early Childhood Care & Education - Teaching. It's a place and train mode, in conjunction with PAP Community Foundation, and I'm attached to Kampong Chai Chee Blk 135. My principal is really nice and I'm so thankful for that. So anyway, the course started on 28 May, and so far, I'm loving it more than the course in RP, like duh of course! The lecturers so far are really nice and engaging. I won't be interacting with children until the second month of the course, which is in July. Some of my classmates who got attached to childcare centres already started and they sometimes shared their own experiences and dilemmas that they faced with the children. It makes me so excited for my experience later but nervous as well. :/

As for Seed Institute, apparently when I submitted my application for it the week before graduation, they told me that they will have to check with higher authorities to see if my diploma can be accepted with my 3 O level credits. Then, on Ahmad's graduation day, they called and told me that I'm accepted in the course and will receive the acceptance letter sometime in June. So I guess I will have to reject the offer when I receive the package. But still, I was just trying my luck and I got it, both! I combined my diploma and O level as well when I applied for the AIC course. Besides, it's sponsored and I get monthly salaries. Isn't that a plus?

I have Allah to thank for this really huge stroke of luck. I just feel like, I'm so lucky, ya know? To finally get what I want after years of waiting and a couple of failed attempts. :)

So I went to the BBQ gathering today and surprisingly, really really surprising for me, I enjoyed it. Honestly, I really did. Mdm Norul was there too, and gosh, it's like, we're all at this age when we can really be more open with her as compared to our secondary school days. Marriage even came up. But it wasn't me who brought it up. Hassan was the one afraid he would marry at a late age cause by the time he finishes NS and his degree, he'd be like, 28 or something. & he was afraid that he won't be able to save up enough money to support a marriage. I was like, oh my god the guys actually plan ahead!!! & Mdm Norul was giving her opinions and stuff, and I even chipped in a bit. I mean, for me, it's alright if guys marry late. Not that I would marry an old guy la but, ya know what I mean. 

Anyway, I ate a lot of the satay, omg so nice. & they all loved the fruit pizza I brought. & we played Charades afterwards. So funnyyyy!!! Sigh. It actually made me miss secondary school days. When we were reminiscing earlier, I actually missed those days. Somehow, the class I was in always made the teachers very emotional. Like, when Mr Yap was so upset when someone threw wads of wet tissue on his sports car roof. & when Mrs Chee actually cried when someone destroyed the pictures she put up on her side of the class's noticeboard. & when Mdm Norul cried 'cause... I don't remember. There was a lot of catching up and updating on the others who didn't turn up. Lots of conversation and Danial's stupid lame inputs. Same old people. And Syed... Seemed like the same old person to me but the others didn't think so. Well, people change, even if it happens overnight.

But my point is, I enjoyed the gathering when I thought I wouldn't. I didn't want to go at first, but realized that, who knows one day I wouldn't see them again. I wish I could turn back time somehow and relive my best secondary school days. I actually really miss being the school's event photographer. Oh wells, I guess in life, you can't just stay in the past, you have to move on.

It was a nice Saturday for me, and quite a nice, fun way to end it. :)

See you in my next post, Insyallah. Meanwhile, always be in the best of health. :3

So why don't you meet me, down behind the old school
We'll waste away the weekend, with perfect regard for how
Cavalier we used to be, that beautiful insanity
The apathy's surrounding me
Don't close your eyes or we'll fade away

No comments:

Post a Comment