Saturday, March 3, 2012

Beautiful Like You

Hello hello kopi ke milo!!!!

I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates, if there are still people following this little blog. It's been empty, hasn't it? Very little updates the past months. Sigh. What to do, I can get so busy sometimes.

But this time, I really am busy. I even needed a monthly planner to write down important dates and events. & it really helped, especially since I started working at Uniqlo. The working shifts are flexible, which is why I had to write them down in case I forget. They don't tolerate latecomers or no call, no shows. Also, there are Gamelan shows to take note of as well. & teaching!

Teaching on Mondays have started to become really fun. I've finally managed to grab the class's attention with fun activities during their learning. And the very naughty boy called Ron has started to cooperate, even though he can be very vulgar for his age. I have a few favourite students as well though. This girl who is apparently the class monitress called Kai Ling, and this boy called Jarius. He seems to be really passionate about learning Malay. Everytime he sees me waiting at the canteen, he'd stop and greet me, "Selamat petang, Cikgu Siti!" Some kids can be so cute!!!!

Now, Uniqlo. Yeah, the first week was damn, damn tiring for me as this is obviously my very first job. The assistant manager who trained me, Yvonne, was really nice and when she found out this was my first job, she was shocked 'cause she said Uniqlo as your first job can be physically draining. So I guess that mentally prepared me for the upcoming week. But it has been a week since I joined and I've survived! I kinda like it, even though one bad encounter with a customer almost made me quit. That's why I always check my blind spots whenever I walk around the shopfloor. The working shifts are flexible so I could build my shifts around Gamelan so that I won't miss practices. Gamelan as in GA and GSM. I don't know why I can't work out a timetable around GNK. I just can't seem to get a shift that would enable me to come for a 1-4 practice. Anyway, back to work. I love working at fitting room the most. It's damn, damn, damn fun. I hate having to fold the jeans at the jeans shelves because customers can just come up with stupid questions or requests. Sigh.

A couple of days back, I went for a 1 day attachment at Serangoon My First Skool. Since I'm interested in the early childhood sector with NTUC First Campus, they sent me on this attachment for me to really decide that I want this field and also for the principal to assess if I'm suitable to be in this sector. I learnt alot, observed alot and managed to have a long talk with one of the teachers. That day was the day I realized, finally realized for real, that my passion really is teaching. I really hope they accept me in the Trainee Teacher Scheme. I've been praying so hard for it. I just hope they don't call while I'm at work. That would be so suay.

Okay. What else is new? Hmm. Oh, Khloe still hasn't emailed about my 35mm adapter and it's annoying the hell out of me. Ugh.

Okay, really, what else can I say? Uhhhh, kay I think I'm done here! Hahaha. Looks like I'll be updating weeks later. Haha, joking. I swear I miss Melbourne. I feel like going back there to retake lomo pictures. The picture above was probably the nicest out of the whole roll that I developed. Sigh. Okay, I'm done.

See you in my next post, Insyallah! Till then, stay safe and in the best of health always. Love, Faz. :)

If you could only just stop stop stop running 
If you could only take a second to breathe it in 
Everything that you know would be beautiful 
Like you
You know they're never gonna stop stop stop your love 
Let's pretend that the world is waking up 
Everything that we see is beautiful 
Like you
Like you

No comments:

Post a Comment