Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Salam!

It's been 2 years! 2 flying-past-your-face years!

Of what?

Of me being a kindergarten teacher. :) :D

I started officially right after the June holidays in 2012.  2nd July to be exact, but I just wanted to post today because I'll be busy tomorrow!

2 years, it has been!

Wow. I'm amazed.

2 years of being amazed by children all the time, 2 years of listening to conflicts among the teachers, 2 years of the gossip, 2 years of the rumours, 2 years of watching oldies argue.

Between these 2 years, I've been pushed around, betrayed (slightly), badmouthed and bullshit-ed around. But these 2 years have taught me many, many things that I wouldn't trade with any others.

& of course, not to mention that my memory got poorer over the years. I have no idea why. Zzz...

Nevertheless, it has been an interesting and wonderful journey, what with juggling assignments with work, especially the things that boss asked me to do back then because I was so "free". And when I got my own class last year for the first quarter, how I struggled! I had quite a shock because I pictured it to be smooth but that's how I learnt things, the hard way of course. Aside from that, the love I got from my children last year; Wayn, Jessica, Nathania, Matin.... and all the rest, of course. Their love inspired me, their love and innocence made this tough job all the more bearable. Not to forget their parents, too! Their support, understanding and genuine concern for the teachers of their children made everything bearable last year. I miss them all.

Last year was a breeze, but not all things are easy. This year has been a tough one.  With my studies being over, more things were thrown on my plate, and unfairness came my way.

But it's okay.

You may take away the glory of my achievements, but you can never take credit for them. :)

I super side-tracked! But anyway, to more years of teaching, InsyaAllah. Though I can't say I'm truly happy with the workload I have right now, I am happy at where I'm standing. That I've at least achieved something to make my parents proud.

Graduation is in October. Can't wait. This time, I'm gonna do a photoshoot with my family in my graduation gown. :B

Till here. Salam! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment