Sunday, February 23, 2014

Salam!

I'm taking a break from my lesson plan evaluations right now. Never knew being a teacher was so tiring. But it's just for now. Hopefully when I'm done with decorating and all the other stuff, I'll be handling everything much better.

At the moment, I'm finding it very hard to see my savings increase. Well, it's understandable because of my family's current financial instability, it's only normal that I help out. So in the end, I dig out my savings of the past one year to help my parents with whatever they need. Thus causing my savings to drop.

The things is, the fact that I used my POSB 'baby' account as my savings account is what I would now consider a very bad decision/idea. Because through iBanking, I can access both this baby account and my current account (where my salary goes into). So when I need money, I'll just open up iBanking and just transfer from the baby account to my current one, the one I frequently use. 

Bad right? Hais.

So I was telling my boyfriend about this and he suggested Maybank's savings plan called Ar-Rihla. 

I just badly need to save money. I just need a proper savings account that I have no easy access to except from an ATM or the bank itself. And what I want is to deposit only, and no withdrawal. This money would be purely the savings, not for my degree.

I just want to feel stable, ya know? Like as in, feel that oh, I have this account where all I do is put money in and save and save without taking it out for my own benefit, so that as it multiplies, I know I have something to back me up should I really, really, desperately need it someday.

I've been so desperate to save that I've been bringing food from home for lunch now. I save more, yes, but well, it kept going to my parents. Hahaha. Wellll.

So, hopefully, in the coming months, especially when LOC comes and my pay increases, I'd be able to save more, in the Maybank one AND the baby bank. InsyaAllah. :)

I don't really know what the point of this post is but I guess I just needed to vent about the fact that my savings are slowly disappearing. Sigh.

Still trying to be strong. :)

Salam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment