Wednesday, September 4, 2013

22



Salam, all! I hope everyone has been in the best of health. I'm finally updating after wanting to update on Sunday but just felt too tired to do so. Anyway, an update is an update! :3

For a first timer to a Teachers' Day Dinner, I wouldn't say it was bad but I only wish the food catered to us in general instead of the Chinese style courses that they served. It was disappointing. I was so looking forward to a grand banquet, good food and quality taste whatsoever, that would be worth the $100 per head but nah, it was way below my expectations.The door gift was even more pathetic and I thought they were trying to be funny by giving us a plastic foldable hat that says "We take our hats off to you!" on the front but I guess they meant it. >:(

Anyway, I won the lucky draw for the first time in my life at prize number 68! $60 worth of Metro vouchers. And my centre won the 5th place for Best Dressed Group Award too!

Saw some familiar faces that day too! Serina from secondary school, Atiyah and Sella (I think) from GNK!!!

It was also the first time I felt super duper lousy because I had a super duper lousy camera with me to take pictures with. The lighting in the hall was pretty poor, or rather, not bright enough to reduce that shakiness in the results of the camera. So I was pretty pissed with the camera and with myself. After so many years of holding a pretty good camera and always getting the results I want, having a shitty camera really felt like a slap in the face. Time to give darling 400D a makeover. My sister suggested to buy a DSLR at the end of the year when I get my bonus because she wants to share with me since she has finally got herself a job now. I don't see the need in buying a DSLR, sigh. But whatever, we'll see how it goes. Still can't wait to get lè SX510HS.

So, I celebrated the actual day of my birthday with these kids. Their happy birthday song was super messy but it still made me so happy. They're just too cute to stay angry at. :3

My third celebration was with my boyfriend, Ahmad Mustaqim, who apologized the night before my birthday because he couldn't celebrate my birthday with me as he had police training or something like that. On his off day! :( I was extremely sad when I woke up to that particular apology message. And then, right before I wanted to bathe, he texted me, asking if I had plans because if he ended early, he wants to meet me. Of course I said can right? The rest of the day, after the celebration with the kids and all, I was wondering why he was so quiet, no text, no update. Until right before I ended at 5pm, he said to meet at City Hall, so I did. While waiting for him, Liyana called and sang me a birthday song. Hahaha. Miss that woman. :D

And so, we ended up at Swensen's. At least this year I wasn't dragged, literally dragged, into Swensen's. I told him I felt like eating ice-cream because he suggested to have dinner at Manhattan Fish Market, so we circled Marina Square looking for Swensen's. :D I had the Crayfish Pasta for the first time since donkey years! And he told the waiter it's my birthday! Hehe. And so, I finally got the Firehouse Birthday Sundae that I should have gotten last year also but I forgot to bring my IC last year, haha!

And soooo, from thinking that I wouldn't be able to spend my 22nd with him and emo-ing about it all day long, it actually still came true anyway. Thank you for making the effort even though you were tired from training. I appreciate it so much. :3 You're the best, you know. The very absolute ultimate best! :3:3

I don't feel 22. Yet. Sigh, growing older sucks. Can't wait for the long weekend, but I have the phonics workshop on Saturday from 9.30am to 3pm. Sigh.

Until my next post, InsyaAllah. Salam!

I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if you keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I bet you want to
Everything will be alright if we just keep dancing like we're
22, 22

No comments:

Post a Comment