Sunday, August 4, 2013

Assalamualaikum!

Guess what?!

Okay, pause. Before I even start, I know I've gotta apologize for the extreme lack of updates because someone complained, haha. Ramadhan has come, and now, it's leaving so soon. I've been busy this entire Ramadhan, working on my ibadah, terawih and for these last 10 days, qiyamullail. And I've just gotta say what a blessed month it has been, despite the trials I faced along the way. I feel truly blessed to be where I am now; a shelter over my head, plenty of food for my family and me, and opportunities to share and give away food and kuih to my loved ones and friends. This year is different, I broke fast at home almost everyday, and it enabled me to catch terawih prayers daily. Looking back on the previous Ramadhan(s) so far, I regret that I didn't really perform terawih prayers much, due to always staying out late and stuff. But this year, Alhamdulillah for the opportunity everyday. :)

Anyway, guess who finally made her first hijab tutorial?!

Making it was so funny and awkward, because I rarely ever speak to a camera. Even when I do, I'll be so super shy and hide my face and stuff. I'm extremely conscious of how I look, haha. Who isn't?

Anyway, I decided on a voiceover instead so that I can concentrate on the tutorial itself. And I don't know what's with the pouting throughout the video because it's so macam act cute please mintak kene sepak kind of face. Then I realised that when I put on my tudung normally without a camera, I do pout. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Eh, in front of mirror, okay la. It's just my reflection and me. It's actually macam testing whether the part of the tudung at the side of my face prevents me from moving my jaw around, if you get what I mean.

And if you noticed, I was like, dancing in the video! Thanks to my sis la! She played Taylor Swift songs while I was recording, insisting that it will loosen me up on camera, but it loosened me up TOO MUCH. Hahahaha. But anyway, it was fun. I actually like this style alot, and I don it quite frequently.

My voice sounds so formal though, right? And my face will be like smile-serious-serious-pout-smile-pout-serious. I've gotta work on my expressions.

Yes. I'm gonna make more. :)

My sis made these the other day with Nafisah. Kinder Bueno Rolls, sooooo delicious and sooooo much goodness. While me? Same old Chocolate Chips Macaroons every year. My mum's friends love my recipe so, I'm good with making it every year. But I should come up with something different, right? Hmm.

Anyway, this is about it. I know this update isn't much because honestly, there's a lot that has been going on in my life lately; family, work, friends. But I feel that it's either too personal or I have already let go of the problem or whatsoever. I'm still learning, but I know how to let go of the bad things that make me angry, now. It's like, I no longer dwell on it so much anymore. I feel much better than before, when everything would be pent up and all. Still learning to be a better person, more positivity. :)

"Orang yang baik akan mendapat jodoh yang baik. Jadi, sebelum itu, perbaiki diri sendiri."

These words, I will forever remember. :)

Assalamualaikum, till my next post, InsyaAllah. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment