Saturday, May 11, 2013

Kau

I locked myself a gong position for the upcoming GSM show. Gong Master belom pencen lagi okay! Hahahah. This is only for Kak Rose's song though. The other songs, I'll be hopping from Peniaca or Calung or Jegog. Just these three. I'm sorry to say that I'm hopeless on the Gangsa. My own interlocking for Javanese Gamelan is already so bad, you want me to interlock for Balinese whose speed is like 2837468239 times faster? Keep dreaming! Hahahaha.

Anyway, I have been considering a hiatus from Gamelan for quite some time already and well, I'm still going ahead with it anyway. My reasons are because:

1) I can't juggle having shows and rehearsals on top of my assignments and work-related responsibilities .
2) I become really extra super tired at the end of the day.

After a long, really long time thinking about it, I decided my only choice is to drop all Gamelan groups until I'm able to juggle everything better. Yes, it's a little sad, wasted and stuff but if I don't do this, I'd be really, very stressed out. And once I'm stressed beyond my limits, my health will start to become unbalanced. When I was still schooling, I rarely ever got sick. Unless you count my, oh never mind. But I rarely ever got sick. But ever since I started teaching, I'm so prone to sore throats, coughs, losing my voice, flu, runny nose, and the occasional fever slash vomiting. But I still love my job, and that's the problem! Hahaha! I've never regretted being where I am right now. I see it as a blessing from Allah, and I can't thank Him enough for this opportunity and experience thus far. It has challenged and tested me, but there are always takeaways at the end of the day. Honestly, I learn more from the children than they do from me. :)

That's why I have to drop Gamelan. If there's shows, it takes a huge chunk of my time and that's very precious. I have assignments, yada yada. I received feedback that it's sad that I'm quitting but, I just don't have a choice. It's either this or that. I'm not juggling everything well, there's no work-life balance for me as it is, and with Gamelan, it's just overwhelming la. I mean, yeah, I love Gamelan, or making music as it is, but now my options are very limited. I never asked to be in this position, really, but here I am. Sigh.

I've got quite a cute bunch of kittens for this second round. The stripes are more prominent and you can see more of the lilac colour on their fur. Their faces are flatter, more like a British Shorthair as compared to Lumos's batch because his face was a little, snout-ier. Muncung la, go figure. This batch is very noisy though. You carry them in your hands and they'll mew like crazy. It doesn't help that their mews are super high pitch. So anyway, Yesterday, they're 3 weeks old. :3:3:3

I'm currently continuing to finish up my portfolios. Don't get me started though, haha. Anyway,  I'm pretty tired. Tomorrow, there's rehearsal from 2pm-6pm, almost the whole Sunday burnt. It's okay. It's the final lap now. Plus, I'm meeting my happy bubbles next Sunday for a picnic again at Sentosa. Something to look forward to on top of the tiring week ahead. Sigh. As much as I can't wait for this to end, I know I will definitely miss it. When I stopped for a few months, I actually missed it. Now I'm choosing to stop for real. It's gonna take a lot from me to do that. Sigh.

Di antara 7 petala langit dan 7 petala bumi, ada 7 petala cinta.

I miss you so much I can't even begin to explain how much my heart yearns to see you. Every second that you're out there, facing only God knows what kind of dangers there are, my prayers are always with you. I miss you so bad but I can't even have you near. It's been 8 months and I'm amazed by how much we've had to go through. I just hope we're strong enough to face the obstacles ahead. :(

Aku kan selalu menunggumu
Hingga waktu yang kan memisahkan 
Ku yakin itu semua 
Hanya kita yang kan jalin bersama 

Tiap saat engkau selalu berikan 
Rasa cinta yang begitu dalam 
Sehingga membuat aku terlena

No comments:

Post a Comment