Saturday, April 13, 2013

Salam!

I know it's been a loôöòóng time since the last time I posted. I know, I know. I'm sorry. I kept wanting to blog, a lot has been happening but I. JUST. DON'T. HAVE. THE. TIME. Because I was chasing down an assignment deadline. Art. 8 pieces of art, each piece consisting of 2 different techniques across 4 themes. On top of that, 3 essays and a lesson plan Not funny, let me just tell you that. But luckily, I planned my time well (getting better now, Mr. Procrastinator slowly dissolving) and managed to complete everything on time.  I should include that collage of my artworks. 


Ta-raaaa!!! I'm pretty proud of the seahorse and that Saturn planet. The Saturn planet was a totally last minute idea. And while I did it, I watched 3 Vampire Diaries Season 3 episodes. And the outcome! Fuyoooo, it took my breath away! Alhamdulillah, finally it's over and I can move on. :3

So, after thinking about the past week for a long time, I suddenly remembered the quote above. Why should I back down because one person makes me unhappy? It's time I learnt to stand up for myself and quit being stepped on all the time. I've been stepped on for as long as I can remember, and it's time that I stand my ground and voice out my opinions. It's gonna take a lot of time for me to build the confidence but I will have to do it eventually. I'm not gonna spend the next 2 years being bullied around. I can see the other seniors are starting to open up to me so it's kind of a good sign. Still, it doesn't mean I should let my guard down. In this line, I've gotta always watch my back. At least now, I'm starting to feel like I belong, because of the moral support my other colleagues give me in times of stress. I've been here for 9 months and it was only 2 months ago that I started to feel like I finally have a friend at work. Although I filter some of my feelings back then, now that Jeanne is here too, I'm starting to have more fun at work compared to last year. Plus, my cute bunch of children make work all the more fun. Well, that's when they behave and teacher is not angry. Hahaha! But really, once they have settled into the day, I just find myself sitting back and looking at them and thinking, "How cute and innocent can they be?"

So, I need to always remind myself, I've been through many ups and downs to get to where I am now, so I shouldn't be backing down when I'm facing a wall that wouldn't budge. Instead, I should be looking for ways to go around it, over it, under it, whatever goes, but I should never, ever give up. I should start standing up for myself, my beliefs and values. And no matter what, I know my family and loved ones will always be there for me. :3

So, wish me luck in filling up 18 portfolios with photos for the next 2 weeks. My arms are getting tired. Plus, my P.E assignments aren't done yet. Heh. Started already laaaa. 

I always feel better after I talk to Ahmad about my problems. He feels like the older brother I never had, in a boyfriend. Thank you, dearest. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment