Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Thousands Lights

Alhamdulillah, managed to skim through the first day of school today. I don't yet know who my students are, as in their faces. I only know the boy called Jonas who is still in diapers and can't speak English. *face palm* But anyway, it was nerve-wrecking today! I was so frightened of having to "public speaking" with the parents. I was "Bismillah"-ing all the way to my centre and I couldn't even finish my lunch because I was so, so nervous that I felt like vomitting. I was SO close to actually throwing up. Yes, that nervous. But in the end, my senior nursery teacher did all the talking in the classroom. I was awkwardly standing at the side. But anyway, my favourite malay boys from the Playgroup class were there too! Upgraded to Nursery, of course. Unfortunately, not in my class. :( Ryan and Anam. Both macam best friends, their nenek pon macam best friends je. Hahaha. I performed pretty well with the parents in front of my principal, even translating to malay for those makcik-makcik. Hahaha. Anyway, the boys! When they saw me, they hesitated and were like, so shy!!! So cute nak cubit please!!! Anam's nenek brought him to me and asked Anam, "Cakap ape kat Teacher Siti?" & Anam was soooooo shy and softly said, "Good afternoon, Teacher Siti..."

OMG NAK CUBIIITTTT!!!!!!

I wish those two were in my class. Guess I'm not so lucky because my class is mostly PRs and foreigners. *face palm* I pray for smooth sailing seas for the days ahead until February when my form teacher would hopefully and finally join us after recovering from her fractured ankle. I met her just now too. She seemed friendly enough, always initiating conversation. Hopefully, being co-teacher to her would not have history repeating itself. Bismillah.

Anyway, I don't think I've ever mentioned this blogger and vlogger named Maria Elena. She's really inspiring, I've been a fan since the first time I started wearing the hijab and stumbled upon her Youtube account. We have something in common: we started wearing hijab in the same year but I was a couple of months earlier than her. She just got married last month. I absolutely loved her wedding video! Maybe I'd add that in too. So anyway, I stumbled upon this particular post of hers. Click here. I find it so true somehow. Everything has been spoken there, so I don't have to repeat it here. Worth the read. :)


So sweet, right? :') In love with the song too. Simply perfect for everything. :)


That's about it, I guess. Gotta sleep early now. It's 10.31pm and I've got a project presentation to worry about tomorrow. As well as what to do with the kids for 2 hours tomorrow. OMG. My lesson plans all still haven't... Sigh. The holidays were too short for me to complete everything. Pfft. Wish me luck for tomorrow. Bismillah.


But this time, it’s taking me over
It’s making me feel something that I don’t understand but 
This heart it couldn’t beat faster, tonight a thousand lights 
They shine, shine for us

No comments:

Post a Comment