Saturday, June 30, 2012

To Melbourne, With ♥


It's simple.
I miss Melbourne.
I love Melbourne.
The minute I stepped in that place, I knew.
I want the next part of my life to be there.
Screw the racism.
There's racism everywhere anyway.
Subconsciously, we're all racist.
We say we're not, but really, who would admit it?

It's odd how I really, truly missed Melbourne suddenly last night.
The urge to just buy a ticket to fly there was so strong.
It didn't help either when I looked through my Melbourne pictures.
I really, really, really miss that place so much.
The freshness of the air, the coolness of the wind in my face.
The different people and skin colours on the streets.
The friendly customer service throughout despite my hijab.
I knew then that the racism falls in the minor category.

I told myself I'd save up for my whole family to go Umrah together.
After that, I'm bringing them all to Australia, whichever city it may be.
Insyallah. :)

I realize I miss Melbourne only when I'm feeling stressed out.
Everything there is so calm and relaxed.
Life in Singapore is so fast paced.
I'm starting to struggle with my assignments.
& soon I'm starting my teaching practicum.
I love what I'm doing, no doubt about it.
But for me, everything's happening a lil too fast.

Ya Allah, please give me strength and guide me.
:(

No comments:

Post a Comment