Saturday, March 24, 2012

I Won't Give Up

I will always be thankful to have him by my side. :3

Hello! I know I haven't updated in a looooooooong time, mostly because I totally switched to emo mode the day I received the email from NTUC First Campus stating that I wasn't selected for the Teacher Trainee Scheme, which was actually the day I last posted. Yup. I cried. Like maddd. Of course, nobody in the house noticed because I cried myself to sleep, duhh. & also whenever I did my prayers. It sucks, you know. You want something so much, tried so hard to get it, but in the end, it wasn't enough to be selected.

I guess my attitude towards it sucked a lot until the guy in the photo above sent me this really long text message that woke me up. He always knows what to say to make me snap out of it. I wonder how. Pfft.

So anyway, today was my off day from work. Please don't get me started on why I hate work at Uniqlo sometimes. I have really great colleagues, but it's the managers that suck. Well, 2 of the assistant managers at least. Ohwells. I'm just gonna suck it up and like another colleague told me, ear in ear out.

But that's not the point. Today, right after my Zohor prayer, I was still sitting in position, still wearing my telekung, and wondering out loud why the early childhood institutes that I emailed never replied back. & at that moment, my phone rang. It turned out to be one of those that I emailed. It was actually a teaching position with full sponsorship of the early childhood diploma. I happened to stumble on it last week so I decided to just try my luck and apply. Who knows, right? So I sent in my resume. & finally, the call came today. Right after I was praying. Like, wow. They just want my transcript in order to accept me in. And also, I have to go for an interview in April.

I just hope and pray that this time, this is it. But this time, I'm not pinning my hopes too high on it.  The higher the expectations, the greater the disappointment.

I received a pleasant surprise on Twitter a couple of days back. When I read it, I couldn't believe my eyes. I read it for like, about 10 times before bursting into tears. I didn't reply because by then, I was a little unstable and I didn't trust myself to reply with the right thing. Unfortunately, yesterday, I forgot to bring my phone to work so I couldn't access Twitter the whole of yesterday.

I guess this is about it. Busy weeks ahead, full of work and Gamelan shows. On The Gamelan Express starts this Tuesday, and even though I'm pretty much tight, sometimes when you're on stage, you slip. I hope I don't. Getting the songs right means a lot to me.

Alright, I just said goodnight to Ahmad. I better head to bed now, long day ahead tomorrow. But I'm not complaining, because I'm doing what I love after all. Gamelan forever. <3 So, till my next post, always be in the best of health.

I'm sorry. I'm afraid to make promises with you, all because I don't want to break them. But someday, we'll have our time. :)

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

No comments:

Post a Comment