Tuesday, June 29, 2010

On Top Of The World

I finally got to buy this. & I'm lucky only one person witnessed my disappointment when 7 Eleven's ice-cream freezer was empty. Yes, I admit, I cried. A little only! But Booklink had it so I can sleep with a smile on my face tonight. Hey, I haven't had this ice-cream for years so you can't blame me. :D

& I realized something today. I didn't wish my granddad a happy birthday on Sunday. Seriously, I forgot. I swear I forgot. & I feel bad now. When Ahmad surprised me this morning with his grandma by his side, I wondered at the uncomfortable feeling in my heart. Like there was something important that I forgot. It was only when I was in the train, reflecting on today, that I realized I forgot to wish my grandfather, my only grandparent alive, a happy birthday. He turned 73 years old on Sunday. The day before, I saw him. I salam-ed him. I talked to him. But I didn't remember that the next day so happened to be his birthday. I'm such a failure as a grandchild. I feel so terrible now. I wonder how he felt when none of his grandchildren wished him happy birthday. Okay, maybe a few did. When I was in Sec 2, we had a birthday celebration. But now, I guess it could be because of how things have changed so much. Boy, is this family a mess.

I'm tired. Playing the BB just now really messed up my brain. My shoulders hurt now. Bye.

Let's spend tonight on top of the world
& we can do anything, we can be anything
I'll meet you tonight on top of the world
As real as it seems
You're only in my dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment