Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gift Of A Friend

I'm super bored, but I'm going off soon to cycle to Natasha's house, which I haven't done since so looong, and since she's not moving, I want to do it as often as I can to appreciate the fact that she's so nearby. :)

I was so bored just now I decided to read quotes again. And I found some nice ones about friends. Enjoy, 'cause I enjoyed. :)

No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.

True friendship consists not in the multitude of friends, but in their worth and value.

Few friendships would survive if each one knew what his friend says of him behind his back.

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one."


(OMG. I smell Tom Yam. I think my mum's cooking Tom Yam tonight. Oh. It's our neighbour. Sharks. Pfft.)

Truth springs from argument amongst friends. (Man, is this so true or what.)

A faithful friend is a strong defense: and he that hath found such an one hath found a treasure.

When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Friendship with oneself is all important because without it one cannot be friends with anybody else in the world.

Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing. (Absolutely love this one.)

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. (Love this one as well!!)

The loneliest woman in the world is a woman without a close woman friend. (Awww...)

Business, you know, may bring money, but friendship hardly ever does.

It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance.

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. (OMG, reminds me of the extinguisher thing at the Airshow. Natashaaaaaa!!!)

Friendship is a sheltering tree.

Yes'm, old friends is always best, 'less you can catch a new one that's fit to make an old one out of.

This is my beloved and this is my friend.

A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be. (:D)

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things.

Only your real friends will tell you when your face is dirty.

The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you.

A good friend is cheaper than therapy. (I like this one! I really like this one! HAHA!)

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels.

A real friend is someone who would feel loss if you jumped on a train, or in front of one.

The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship.

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.

A friend can tell you things you don't want to tell yourself.

If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me.

A friend accepts us as we are yet helps us to be what we should.

Probably no man ever had a friend that he did not dislike a little.

I value the friend who for me finds time on his calendar, but I cherish the friend who for me does not consult his calendar.

If it's very painful for you to criticize your friends - you're safe in doing it. But if you take the slightest pleasure in it, that's the time to hold your tongue. (True!)

The best way to mend a broken heart is time and girlfriends. (:D)

Friendship needs no words - it is solitude delivered from the anguish of loneliness.

In my friend, I find a second self.


Alright, that's enough for now. Quotes are fun, kay. Me likes. Alrighty then, shall depart for Paris Drive...Sharks, I don't know! Haha, shall take note later. :p

The world comes to life
& everything's alright
From beginning to end
When you have a friend by your side
That helps you to find
The beauty of all
When you'll open your heart and believe in
The gift of a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment