Wednesday, April 9, 2014

So I spent 5 hours yesterday fixing my new IKEA kitchen set up.
5 hours of headache.
Trust me when I say I never wanna do this again.
Or maybe, not alone at least.
It's tough shit, I tell you. 
No freaking joke.

Salam!

I'm feeling preeettty happy and excited for myself. I had a lesson observation today by my principal and what's worse is it was to be a video-ed observation. At the start of the day, I was pretty stressed as I hadn't printed my lesson plan for her because Dropbox was being a biatch and so was the work computer. In the end, I managed it. After our mass exercise in the morning, my children and me waited for her arrival but she didn't seem to come so I called her and found out she actually forgot. -.-

The lesson went on as usual, but I couldn't stop smiling and I can't even recall why! The children were soooo excited too! Prior to the observation, I made them promise to be on their best behaviour. My naughtier ones were as usual, of course, but at least, during the whole lesson/observation, they were all cooperative. They responded very well, in fact, TOO WELL, to my standard hand signals. (I try to use hand signals as another form of instruction, a tip I picked up from one of the workshops I attended. Hee.) Now that I reflect back, they were pretty engaged in the activity that I planned for them, or rather, the curriculum planned for them. I was rather impressed at their enthusiasm too.

So, my principal's comments were quite positive. During our pre-observation meeting, she asked me which area of the observation I want her to focus on and I said my classroom management. So just now, she said my classroom management was 'very good'. The children 'respond and listen to you very well'. The children 'were very engaged in the activity, which is what the QAC officers will want to see.'

I wanted to scream Alhamdulillah.

These comments mean a lot to me because last year, all my observations went haywire, practicum assessments included.

So, yep. This is quite an achievement, and the feeling is just too awesome. :)

So I realised these things today that I have not done:
- March meeting minutes
- This week's lesson evaluations
- My class's allergy list
- Virtues lesson plans

Die die die. District Head might be coming anytime she wants, and QAC officer will be coming on the 24th. Die die die.

Still, this can't dampen my mood today. It'll only motivate me. :D

Until my next post, InsyaAllah. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment