Tuesday, September 4, 2012

03.09.2012, 21st Birthday

21st Birthday Pt. 1:





He forgot my birthday :'( But he made up for it, and, very sweetly, at that! I wanted to go shopping at ION so we went there when we met after my class ended. He asked me where Popeyes was, so I assumed we were having that for lunch. Little did I know what was originally on his mind. We bumped into Syazwan and Abu, ex-colleagues of Uniqlo Ion. I talked to them and joked with them, saying that it was my birthday [thick-skinned habes!]. & Syazwan urged me to go Swensens, which was just next door, and I was like, nahh, too expensive. THEN. Le boy was standing in front of le restaurant, smiling and going like, "Makan Swensens." I was like, :O literally. I was like, eh no way, so ex. He freaking grabbed my upper arm and dragged me inside even though I totally dug my heels on the floor to stop him. & Syazwan and Abu were behind me, watching the whole scene. So embarrassing, please! I must say I was pleasantly surprised, even though I was still recovering from the shock of it all throughout the whole time we were sitting there. Why so? Because this would be the first time that we were dining at such a place. It made it all the more...... romantic. :')

We walked around, mostly me, window shopping and shopping. And boy, did we walk! Around Ion we go, well, not really the whole of Ion, just F21. Heh. Headed to Peninsular after that, because he wanted to look for something. We circled the basement a few times before he told me what he wanted. The shop he bought his cajon cover a few months back. -.- Now, you can't say that I have a bad sense of direction. :p Off to Funan after that where we bought a laptop bag for my Mac. Ahmad has very good reasoning skills, like seriously awesome. When he tells me the rationale behind his "recommendation", it'd shut me up straightaway because I'd realize that he is right. After circling Funan, we stopped at the massage chairs where you pay $2 for 8 minutes of massage. We sat together, though it was awkward for me 'cause people were passing by. :/



But the massage truly was awesome. It totally refreshed my back muscles, and I was actually considering buying a massage chair for home. Hahaha. We headed off for Marina Square after Funan, to try our luck to see if Rasydan was working at Ripcurl. He was! I spent a looooong time trying to decide what to buy, but I left the shop, yet again, empty-handed. Mudd said, no surprise, macam biase. Sooo not helping. Headed for Esplanade we were gonna watch Kang Atung perform some kind of Mexican influenced show on the Concourse. Got teased by Amran, the whole time. By the end of the second set, I was worn out already, my feet were hurting like crazy, and I was starting to feel emotional because the end of the day was nearing, which meant my time with Ahmad was soon to be up. I always feel like Cinderella at the ball, ya know. Like when you're enjoying yourself so much, and then suddenly, you have to part soon, and the clock mercilessly counts down to "midnight" for you.

Anywayssss,

He kickstarted my birthday pretty awesomely with tears in my eyes though. Why? Because he sent me a suuuuuuuuuuper long and sweet FB message, partly apologizing for forgetting and the rest of it were the best wishes and well, kinda like a speech. It touched me so deeply. I'm not gonna put up the whole message. Copyrighted, kay! I can only imagine how long it took him to write all that down. Here's the very romantic part:



He's not just more romantic when he speaks in malay, he's more romantic when he doesn't try to. It always catches me off guard, ALL the time.  :')

I'm still peeved that I didn't buy that New Look flower patterned maxi skirt. There was only ONE size 8 left and that's MY size. But it's $49.90.... and only partially lined. But, so niceeeeee!!!! :(:(

Thank you, Ahmad Mustaqim bin Muhammad Abdul Halim, for the most memorable, awesome 21st birthday I could ever ask for. This is the first time we properly celebrated my birthday, and it couldn't have fallen on a better year, our third year together. :3

Date at a restaurant: checked :)

21st Birthday Pt. 2:


When I reached home, the whole house started kecoh. I was wearing my favourite denim jacket and they were talking about getting flour, egg and water all over me. I felt super threatened and was more concerned about my jacket. HAHA. I know. My dad grabbed me and didn't let me go and I was like, hooomygawd don't make it like my 18th. Milestone birthdays can really suck, whenever it comes to this sabotaging stuff. But in the end, they sat me down at the dining table and told me to close my eyes. I totally peeped just to make sure nothing dirty was involved. Tsk. But it was just a huge box-like present which turned out to be a freaking INSTAX 210 that I'd been eyeing since last year! I was like, :O literally. My sis caught that face and instagram-ed it. -_-"

We used the first two films for family shots, in honour of this particular day. For the record, I don't even feel like I'm 21, even though my sis said I had the 21-year-old "glow" already. It's like indirectly saying that I'm old. Hahahaha. But heck, everyone grows old anyway. :)

Simply put, my 21st birthday was awesome. Surrounded by loved ones, and feeling all the love. Alhamdulillah, all praises to Allah for allowing me to live up till now, and bestowing upon me loving friends and family, and also, a special friend who entered my life and changed me as a whole, and for the better. Despite my shortcomings, Allah has granted me a lot of other things that I've overlooked and for that, I'm truly grateful. :)

Well, I don't even know if anyone still reads this pathetic, rarely updated blog, but, I guess that's all for now. I really love yesterday. Whenever I think about it, I smile so easily. :3:3

Bye, uolls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment