Saturday, December 31, 2011

My favourite shot out of all the photos.

So, 2011 is ending in 30 minutes' time. I'm just here to write my last post in 2011. Ya know, feeling feeling last day of the year. I enjoyed the past few days actually. Awesome BBQ at Kang's place at Cashew Heights, exchanging gifts with GA for the first time, watching Ahmad get thrown in the pool, staying home the whole day for once, photo-shoot at Fort Canning, walking around Orchard with the girls, gamelan in the morning, catching up with who-else-but-Liyana-Ali, wandering around the airport, long talks at Ya Kun. Bliss, bliss, bliss.

This year has been fun, although I must say there were those few times that really brought me down. You lose some, you gain some. I'll just let nature take its course. If it's meant to be, it will be. :)

One important thing I learnt this year is that when life knocks you down, you have to just get back up. There were too many times when I felt like I just got slammed in the face by a wall because reality can be so cruel, but then I learnt, I just had to be strong. I can really say that the weakest I've ever felt this year was on Reflections day. No doubt that I'd always remember that day. Sometimes, it automatically replays in my head whenever I'm alone. Even now, I still can't believe it happened. Many things changed since then, although it wasn't that obvious, but, well, it is to me. But then from that experience, I learnt that even though it hit me so hard in the chest, there was no turning back because the damage was done. I just had to move on. So I did.

I had to move on from a lot of things this year. Seriously.

Well, here's to the new year. Every end of the year, I always wish for the same thing: to be stronger than I was the year before. I don't know if I have this year, but I guess only Allah has the answer to that.

Well then, happy new year one and all! :)

(Habib is looking out of the window right now, same usual position. Such a k-po cat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment