Friday, August 5, 2011

Ever since Soleh and the 2 Ustaz arrived in SG, and because of Ramadhan being here already, I've been too busy and tired to update my blog. :( But, Syukur Alhamdulillah that I meet yet again another month of Ramadhan. Last year, we spent it taking care of arwah Angah and as I look back, I really miss those times. Sure, it made the family more stressed, especially when one sister was too selfish, but it only taught us lessons about patience and the importance of family. I admire my mum for being the strongest woman she was during that whole period. :)

Anyway, having Soleh around has been nothing but hilarious. He insisted to learn English and in exchange, he taught me Jawa. So far, he got words like Smile (It was 'smell' at first. LOL!!), Thank you, See you tomorrow, Excuse me (Exchuse me!!!) and some basic others. Quite good progress so far. BUT! He hasn't gotten the numbers in English correct yet. He says it 'one two three four fev action' and I dunno what else. -.-

And me! I got the numbers in bahasa Jawa already! Hohoho.

Siji, loro, terlu, papat, limo, enam, bitu, walu, songoh, sepuluh! Yayyyy!!!!!

Anyway, I brought Soleh to Balinese rehearsal last Saturday. The night before, he didn't believe my maid when she told him that I play Gamelan. He said that Gamelan untuk orang desa. So when we were there, he said to me, "Aku suka." LOOOLLL. Maybe because in Semarang, the gamelan there only plays Javanese styles. It was his first time seeing and listening to Balinese Gamelan. & Amran was so friendly to him. I was thankful for that cause that day was the first time I talked to Soleh so I didn't really know what to say and me and Mirah were pretty awkward, and there was this HUGE language barrier that day. HAHAHA! After Balinese, we went to pray at Masjid Angulia where Cik Jal picked us up afterward to bring Soleh sight-seeing. &....we ended up here.

VIVOCITY!!! Dinner at Harbourfront's Pizza Hut first and then window-shopping around Vivo. I even managed to buy a pair of sandals at F21. :p By then, we'd already warmed up to him, and he was starting to show his annoying side. Haha. His annoying side fully showed up the next day by the way, when we went to the Zoo. -.- Suuuuuperrr annoying. & when I showed that I was irritated, he would say, "Senyum," and I can't help but smile. HAHA! Contradicting, right?

Anyway, despite it being the first week of Ramadhan, I've had my patience really tested the past two days. I don't really want to talk about it because for me, it's over. The other party changed their mind, and didn't want to discuss it so I blew up and threw everything at them. I hope they get the hint now, why I behaved like this the past few months.

Sigh. Just my luck hmm? Well, I shall go now. Happy fasting to all Muslims! :):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment