Sunday, April 17, 2011

It was a very solemn visit as everyone personally knew him. And everyone cried. When I say everyone, I meant every single one of us shed tears. I cried because when I was staring at the turban or whatever you call the white 'songkok', I remembered the dream I had of him. :(

Anyway, it was a good trip. The whole of yesterday, we went to 3 makams. This makam, Habib Husein and Habib Kuncung. As for the wedding, it was beyond gerek. Damn happening. You know how it is here for a malay wedding. Malay songs, malay karaoke and stuff. But there, the songs were all in Arabic, and there was a live band! Then the singers would invite some of the audience to come on-stage to dance. & its like, Arabian dance eh. Gelek pantat to the side, side, side. & the guys would dance in circles. I was actually like, what the heck? But it's how they dance in Arab. So I was like, cool sia this wedding.

I admire Ummi Aisyah's daughters. They're married off to some random stranger and yet, they can accept that fact. Maybe it's because their father chose their partners so they could trust his judgement. But imagine being married off to a man you've never met before. You don't know what kind of person he is, if he's nice, his personality and stuff like that. And you're about to spend the rest of your life with him. When I was sitting in the pengantin room with Fidtriah (she was very pretty, by the way), it was so obvious that she was nervous. But about 2 hours later, after the nikah, when I dropped by the room, they were both talking to each other like long lost friends. I was like, awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, getting to know each other. So romantic! :p

Going to Indonesia once in a while is a good eye-opener for us. It reminds us to appreciate what we already have and to be grateful for the better life that we have. Yesterday, little children crowded around us with their palms up, begging for money. Some got their money, and the ones that didn't get, chased after us. Even when we're driving away in the car, they chased after the car. It's so heart-breaking. The poverty here is terrible. These children should be in school, yet they have to beg. When I look at the babies that mothers carry, I couldn't help wondering if their future meant having to be like the children too, beg. It's just so heart-breaking.

Anyway, I found this:


I cried when I read the description though. We spent a short 3 days with him last year. & it was an unforgettable experience. We were lucky that we got the chance to spend some time with him. He's such a good person. :)

Semua masok rumah je teros pengsan atas katil. Baikkkkkkk.

No comments:

Post a Comment